Friday, September 24, 2010

Treasure Hunting

So I'm pirating around...the local antique shops, that is. Yesterday I had some flexibility in my schedule and since I was in the neighborhood, I thought I'd breeze into Butler's Antiques off 8th Ave. You could seriously get lost in there for days and be totally content. Just reading the backs of the vintage postcards made my day. It's neat to capture that little slice of private history all over again.

Anyways, after aimlessly browsing around for a while, my eyes immediately captured a colorful little gem in the linen "department". Upon unfolding what I thought might just be an average printed fabric, I was pleasently surprised. You better believe I snatched it up and held it at the cash counter until I made one more final lap around!

I'm thinking it would be a great jumping off point for my guest bedroom design. I always like starting with something really unique...everything else: the paint scheme, fabrics, accent pieces, etc. just domino affects after it.

Ta-daaaa!!!

It's approximately 30"x 30", velvet
(So much prettier in person!)

Detail

I think I'll make it into a great accent pillow or frame it...it's too beautiful!
Just goes to show, you NEVER know what you might find!
You just have to be open to the idea and creative.

Go Frogs,
xoxo-LC


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!