Sunday, February 21, 2010

Wizard of Oz

Hi. I'm Lauren! (and that's Duke) Although I'm new to this whole blogging thing, I have to say that I'm absolutely thrilled to have this new forum to share my world, well... with the world!

My hopes and goals are to utilize this blog as my online diary and working portfolio of my thoughts and discoveries as a young professional interior designer. Warning, I will most likely ramble at times! It will be a snap shot into the overall process behind my projects, give first hand experience of furniture design and production, showcase my ever-changing inspirations, and reveal my successes and failures.

So background check: I currently have the amazing opportunity to design custom furniture and millwork for high end commercial and residential clients as well as project manage. In addition, since my degree is in interior design from TCU in Fort Worth (shout out!), I also am able to provide a wide range of design services: sketching and rendering, finish selections, lighting design, etc.

It's hard to define exactly what I do on a daily basis, as most designers will attest that no client or project is ever the same. Forget a routine! That is the beauty of this career path for me. That although I prefer to have a method to the madness, some sort of organized chaos, I thrive off of the ability to adapt in unique and challenging situations.

Hopefully this will serve as a new, evolving perspective behind the design process and help sift through the cloud of color for fabulous interior inspiration. Enjoy!

I look forward to sharing with you!

-LC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!